112 Medina St
The Artists of Christ Church are a community of artists who work in a variety of media and materials. We've been in the downtown Eastside neighborhood for two years now, and this is our third year to participate in the (East) Austin Studio Tour. We hope you enjoy our work.
1. Eric Kaufman is a sculptor and spiritual director living in Austin, TX. In his work, Eric attempts to create spaces where the memories and the experiences of the viewer interact with each piece as a doorway to new possibilities of seeing, remembering, and understanding.
2. Cheryl Kaufman is an artist and medieval historian who explores the interplay between the medieval past and the historically contingent present. Her current series of "Covid Houses" represents both the beauty and the isolation of quarantine due to Covid-19.
3. Amy McCullough is an artist and former reporter who is exploring graphic journalism - a medium that combines illustration and text to tell a nonfiction story. Her website is InkOriginalArt.com, and you can find her on Instagram @ink_original_art.
4. Caleigh Taylor is a mixed media artist who is exploring themes of personal reflection, using narrative and humor to process the fears and anxieties of today's culture.
5. Billy Hollis is a studio artist specializing in drawing and printmaking. His recent works are reflections on the Christian season of Lent, in which he details dead Christmas tree branches in linocut relief prints.
6. Jan Florence Garven is a mixed media artist who began her artistic journey as a musician, and now adapts her knowledge of color, texture, and dynamic contrast from music to mixed media and sculpture.
Discover more artists